Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm not blest with a talent to title things well.

so my inclination for this blog is to talk about something that really made me think, and something that was sort of a bright revelation to me as I was reading through this section of the text (“Give Praise to God” because I’m still waiting on the other text).  Since I haven’t been saved for a huge amount of time right now I feel like a ton of things have really just took me by surprise. For instance, whenever I thought of God, I usually imagined this big tough man who ruled all there was in creation and saw too it that things came out the way he wanted to. authoritative and strong willed-- I never imagined that he was a sensitive God who cared so much about the way that we worshipped, and that he hurts if we end up worshipping for the wrong reasons.  I’m thrown for a loop because the God I always saw as the big tough guy who runs our world- is hurt if I am personally worshipping him for the wrong reasons- it even says that He’s greatly concerned with how we worship. Later on on page 31 it mentions something that we get caught up with our imaginations and opinions on how we should go about things, and that REALLY made me think about how much I’m just so chill about everyones opinions on things. God wants everything that we believe to be bible based and completely in scripture, and for me it’s always been something I’ve been so chill about. I’ve always just thought that it was absolutely fine to have your own opinion on how you’re supposed to do things and what you believed, because in the end God’s going to sort out what’s right and what’s wrong anyway. So this text has really been helping me get more things in check-

I’m confused about things too though, because if we’re to be so concerned with how we worship then what exactly ARE we supposed to do for worship? What I personally believe is that for worship, it’s because we ourselves are worshipping with whatever we do, our whole being, with the everyday lives that we live. I truly believe that when I sit down and start a painting that I’m glorifying God with a passion he gave me, something that I can use to witness to people because of the messages I try to have in all the paintings I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment