Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Bible as our Basis

God is not satisfied with our worship if it is not done according to what he has commanded. Boice clarifies this well when he states, "This reminds us that there are two ways to commit idolatry: worship something other than the true God or worship the true God in the wrong way (GPTG 33)." This struck me more as I was reading it because I have heard girls make comments like, "I don't like songs in chapel because we sing too much Bible." Comments like that have always bothered me because how can we go wrong in our worship if we are bringing praise to God according to the words of the Bible. Our worship needs to center on the Bible. While reading this section of GPTG, I was really convicted about how we are supposed to worship. Worship is to bring praise to God the way he desires not the way we like to worship. The Bible must be the basis for our worship anything else is idolatry and does not give God all the glory that is due his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment