Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Are we kings?

Burroughs on page 49 says that "Christ has made every believer a king, priest, and prophet unto Himself." I have never really thought of that before reading this. Yes, I've been taught and do believe that Jesus Himself fulfills these three roles, but I have never really thought about how we do [well, to the extent of our being ALL 3]. Furthermore, the one description that I would never give to myself is that of king. Granted, it would be Christ giving me that description and not myself, but it is difficult for me to even acknowledge that title. I understand that one day we will one day reign with Christ, that presently we are even co-heirs with Him (Rom. 8:17), and that we are a royal priesthood (I Pet. 2:9). But the question I would raise is: Are we kings? What does it mean if we are? How does this "tri-role" affect how we worship?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing that John in Revelation 1:5-6 describes his readers [the churches] as loved of God,washed from our sins in his own blood, and made kings and priests unto God. "To him be glory and dominion forever and ever."

    ReplyDelete