Friday, October 15, 2010

"Weight of Glory" copies

Friends,

The copies of the Lewis are in my out box next to my office. I know you will enjoy reading or rereading "The Weight of Glory." This is one of my favorite passages in the essay. Hope it will wet your appetite:

"Nature is mortal; we shall outlive her. When all the suns and nebulae have passed away, each one of you will still be alive. Nature is only the image, the symbol; but it is the image Scripture invites me to use. We are summoned to pass in through Nature, beyond her, into that splendour which she fitfully reflects. And in there, in beyond Nature, we shall eat of the tree of life . . . what would it be to taste at the fountainhead that stream of which even these lower reaches proves so intoxicating? Yet, that, I believe, is what lies before us. The whole man is to drink joy from the fountain of joy." p. 44

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Doc! I was completely astounded by the truth found in "Weight of Glory," and that was only after the second page! :)

    ReplyDelete