Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Complete Worship

Although it seems that we would already understand the need to worship God with our minds, I find that I often need reminding. We are a pendulum people, and once we have become aware of the perils of intellectual arrogance, we shift to a mindless "worship experience" of all that is good (what we call, God).
I was interested to read on page 33 of GPTG that "how we worship in turn impacts our concept of God." It seems to me that this is not always the responsibility of the worship leader, although he does have responsibilities. I must consciously decide how my mind will interact with corporate worship. If I allow my worship to be mindless, I have designed a god for myself who is a good feeling, a pleasant tune, and a few good quotes. This is not just a cheapening of the product, it is idolatry.

No comments:

Post a Comment