Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Change

In the reading for GPTG Edgar talks about how we can't expect people to change very quickly. This is true for both the believer and the unbeliever. And I agree with this statement as change in anything is hard. I'm sure you've all experienced the difficulties of yourselves or others changing their ways or views, etc. True, lasting change times time.

But my question is, should change really take so long? I'm speaking specifically about the believer here. We are not to be conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of our mind. I think that when dealing with sin change must happen immediately. The same with putting on the fruits of the spirit. Shouldn't we seek to put these on as soon as possible? God, in His power, is the One Who changes us. Is He not able to effect a lasting great change in our lives even in a short time? He did it when He saved us from death.

No comments:

Post a Comment